Symptoms of bloat include:
- hard, swollen abdomen that may make a hollow sound if tapped
- retching that produces no vomit OR produces foamy, white vomit
- drooling/salivating excessively
- stiff-legged walk
If your dog shows signs of having bloat, call your vet IMMEDIATELY. Every second counts. Bloat is extremely painful and without quick veterinary intervention your dog will probably not survive.
Check out this video of an akita in the middle to late stages of bloat.
Check out this article on what bloat is, the varieties of bloat, its symptoms, and the typical treatment plans.
The best predictor of a dog’s chances of getting bloat are its relatives. If your dogs family has had bloat, your dog is at an increased risk. Other risk factors include:
- deep, narrow chested dogs
- feeding to soon before or after exercising
- raised feeding bowls
- gulping food/eating too quickly
- eating one or two large meals per day
- dry food diet
i recently passed 2k followers - which for me is just a ridiculous number of people; truly, thanks to every one of you who puts up with seeing my posts on your dashboard <3
also i realized that these two posts of mine passed 10k notes, which is so completely mind boggling and something i never dreamed would happen when i first started making gifs
so to celebrate and as a thank you, here’s a
the rules are few and simple
- you do not have to be following me, the giveaway is open to everyone
- like or reblog this post - each like or reblog will count as one entry, you can reblog as many times as you want
- the giveaway will end on september 16 and i will draw three names out of a metaphorical hat of all the entries
1st place: two gif sets of your choice
2nd place (2): one gif set of your choice
here are some examples of what i’ve made in the past
i’ve only tagged this post with what i tend to gif often. but if you win, you can literally request anything: any tv show, movie, ship, character, colour theme etc, etc.
of course, feel free to message me if you have any questions!